Sunday, January 25, 2009

butterfly delight

Hello. Saturday's inspiration challenge on splitcoast had so many great pictures to choose from, it took me all day just to decide. When I finally sat down to stamp, just making the background took what seemed like forever, but I really think it turned out great and really imitates the inspiration piece that I chose.

I used a lot of different stamps on the background. Most were inked, then spritzed with water before stamping, because I wanted a somewhat blurred image. I added a lot of sponging and then used a sponge dauber with chocolate chip ink around the edges to get a bit of outlined definition without adding a layer of card stock.

The butterfly is from wonderful wings and I colored it with color pencils and gamsol. The wings are popped up.

stamps: wondeful wings, paint prints, french script, linen, itty bitty backgrounds (SU); other stamps from judith, inkadinkadoo, penny black, and paper inspirations
ink: jet black stazon, creamy caramel, chocolate chip, mellow moss, always artichoke, perfect plum
paper, mellow moss, very vanilla
other: brayer, piercing tool, mat pack, brads, sponge, sponge dauber, koh-i-noor color pencils, gamsol, foam tape

Thanks for stopping by. Be blessed.

3 comments:

Starla said...

It was worth the time and effort Melody!! Just lovely

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card...certainly worth the time...TFS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love the vintage/distressed feeling of the card with the contrasting butterfly image!
TFS!~