Sunday, August 16, 2009

inspired vsn

Hi, it's me again. I thought I post one more card tonight. This one is actually a double challenge. Since Saturday on SCS is always the inspiration challenge, I decided to put that together with one of the VSN challenges. The inspiration came from the Curiosity Shoppe and I chose this image to inspire me. The VSN challenge was to use different cutting tools.

I started by using mod podge to glue some old piano music to a piece of cereal box chipboard. I die cut the bird and punched two different flowers from the music chipboard, and sponged the edges with bravo burgundy. The bird's wing is actually a smaller bird die with the beak cut off. I added a black brad for the eye. The 'ribbon' is a piece of faux ribbon left over from a previous card. I pulled out one of my crocheted flowers and topped it with a half pearl.

What's in it?
stamps: sincere salutations (SU)
ink: bravo burgundy
paper: bravo burgundy, regal rose, old music, cereal box chipboard, dp (?)
other: white gel pen, cuttlebug, nesting birds dies (Spellbinders), flower punches (SU/EK Success), sponge daubers, crocheted flower, half pearl, black brad, foam tape

Thanks so much for visiting. Be blessed.

No comments: