Saturday, August 7, 2010

something cool

Happy Saturday. Thursday and Friday this week were a bit cooler than it has been for several weeks. The temperature only got up to 80. Don't get me wrong, I still think that is hot, but the humidity was down and it felt so much nicer than the 90's that we've been having. I actually went out on Thursday and did some yardwork. Our lawn had so much dry grass (clippings) everywhere that needed to get cleaned up. I started with a rake in the morning, until a neighbor across the street asked me if I wanted to borrow their sweeper. How could I refuse that? (Even if I did get my son to use it!) I still needed to help with some of it.

The card I have to show you was made for a challenge on Stamp TV -- a winter card with at least 3 embellishments. Now, I can't say that I'm ready for winter and snow, even though I don't like the heat. I decided that my snowy card needed to have a little bit of floral representation.
I used a piece of chipboard from a Puffs tissue box that had a flower on it. I ran it through my cuttlebug with my styled labels die from Sizzix (Tim Holtz). I trimmed off the ends to make it shorter. I inked it up with versamark and then embossed it with iridescent ice embossing powder (dazzling diamond dust technique). I tied a little ribbon around it.

The card base is brilliant blue and the background layer is bashful blue. I embossed this with my snowflakes embossing folder and then again used the dazzling diamond dust technique.

I punched the edges of the white strip with a fiskars border punch, sponged the edges with brilliant blue, and stamped the sentiment (hugs & wishes stamp set - SU) with jet black stazon.

The snowflakes are a Martha Stewart punch. I sponged just a little on the tips and added the blue rhinestones. The snowflakes and floral panel are popped up with dimensional tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

dona said...

You are great at recycling things, I'm impressed! Thanks for the b'day thoughts and the opportunity to check your blog. We have deer in our yard too. The does leave the fawns on our front porch while they go forage.... and we live right in town on a half acre!! So much fun.