Tuesday, October 26, 2010

bluebird

Good evening, my friends. Very windy here today. A bit of rain here and there, but mostly just wind. Most of the leaves have blown off the trees. It was a good day to stay inside and stamp.

I made a card for today's Hope challenge - Cancer is for the birds. Of course that meant incorporating a bird into my card. I have quite a few bird stamps, so it was a little hard to choose which one to use.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper that I wet and then added some tempting turquoise and brilliant blue ink refills and let them spread all over the paper. I used my water brush to help fill in any spots that got missed.

While that was drying, I chose a clear stamp bird from a Hero Arts set called Birds Galore. I don't have many clear stamps, because I prefer wood mounted. I have a tendency to forget about the clear ones. So anyway, I stamped the bird on white with tuxedo black memento ink and die cut it with my Sizzix scallop circle die. I used some copic markers to color the open areas of the image. I sponged the edges with brilliant blue and added some faux piercing by the scallops and glued it to the background.

I stamped the sentiment (Impression Obsession) in black on the background and then tied some blue ribbon around it before matting on black and a cool caribbean card base.

It sounds like this card just went together in a breeze. Unfortunately, that isn't the way my creative process works. I actually spent the better part of the day making this card. I tend to struggle with every step of the creating process, and often just set it down and work on something else until I know what the next step should be. Whenever I push myself to finish without taking the time to contemplate the process, I am usually not satisfied with the end result. Do you create like that? My cards rarely end up how I pictured them at the beginning. They just evolve as I go.

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: