Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hi my friends. Whew! Another blustery day. I went to the grocery store today and the wind was so strong, I had to use my body to hold the car door open and hold the cart with my foot while I put the grocery bags in the car.

I made a very simple card for today's Hope challenge on SCS. It's just one layer. I stamped the background stamp with versamark and then brushed forever green perfect pearls over it. Then I colored the flower image with markers and stamped right on top of the shimmery pearls. I added the sentiment and then used my scor-pal to do some simple line embossing. A few sticky back half pearls completed the card.

My 2nd card today is for the sketch challenge. I stamped Lady of Grace (Stampington & Co.) in jet black stazon on some designer paper and colored it with prismacolor pencils and gamsol.

The butterfly is die cut & embossed with an embosslit and then sponged some ink on it to bring out the embossing. The background is an old retired SU stamp called filigree, stamped in baja breeze.

Thanks for stopping in. Be blessed.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

I adore both your cards! Thanks for posting about the Hope You Can Cling To challenges on your blog!

Sue said...

How cool is this card. . .it looks like a shade on a window of a door to me . . .very cool!! And look at you, now you have long hair? You don't even look like the same person to me. I gotta say it, I like the short "flirty" style. :) NOT that I don't like your longer hair, I'm just partial to short hair.