Monday, October 25, 2010

a little sassy

Hi, my friends. Today was pretty much a play day for me. I played with some dies for some fun vintage flowers, but that is just something that I have an idea for, but nothing actually made yet. You may see that in the near future if it works the way I want it to. I also started working on an ornament for the technique challenge today on SCS, but again, didn't get that finished.

However, I did finish two cards for the Hope challenges. Yesterday's was All about Girls in Pink. Well, you can just guess what that one is all about -- yep -- girls in pink! This is where I decided to get sassy.

I pulled out a template that I had made a couple years ago for a card and decided to get some more mileage out of it. I traced it and cut it out of melon mambo cardstock. I did a lot of sponging with rich razzleberry to give it a little more dimension. For the front piece, I stamped a girl (rubbernecker) with tuxedo black memento ink and colored her with copic markers. Then I traced that pattern piece around the image and cut it out. I added more sponging as well as some black pearls. I highlighted the flower centers with white gel pen.

For the sentiment, I stamped the word sassy to make it look like a label on the boot. I also added a little ribbon tab for the boot pull.

How sassy is that?

Today's Hope challenge was to use buttons. Well, I have quite a stash of buttons, many from my mom's stash, as well as plenty more of my own.

I started with a leaf stamp (rubbernecker) stamped with wild wasabi ink on vanilla. I then die cut it with labels eleven nestabilities (spellbinders) and sponged some pear pizzazz around the edge before removing it from the die.

My card base is wild wasabi. I embossed a piece of designer paper (from my stash) with my bricked embossing folder (tim holtz/sizzix) and sponged a bit of wild wasabi around the edges. In the corners I attached some small black photo corners.

I attached a piece of wide twill tape and stamped the sentiment (garden silhouettes - SU) below that. Then I attached the image piece with dimensional tape. I used mini glue dots to attach the buttons. I thought that it needed a bit more accent, so I added a couple pieces of black cardstock on top of the twill -- just tucked underneath the edge of the image. I also added some faux brads -- just punched some tiny circles from black cardstock and glued them on.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Love the boot. Get on with your sassy self!

Stella said...

Looking at your blog I've seen so many beautiful cards. And this is one of my favorites; I love the green colors on this card; it's gorgeous!

Dawn Mercedes said...

ooh, I love that green card!! Great composition!