Thursday, October 28, 2010

coffee & poppies

Hi my friends. It's not so windy today, but much cooler. I've had to keep the heat on today.

Can you believe it? The month of October is almost over. That means there are only a few more Hope challenges remaining on SCS. I hope you've been playing along. Today's challenge was to make time for friends.

I chose a coffee cup image (Rubbernecker) and an accent border (also Rubbernecker). I colored both with copic markers. I'm still learning how to use these. I don't have a great selection of colors, so I have to use what I do have.

After coloring the cup, I cut it out with a labels eleven die (spellbinders) and added sponging and faux piercing. The brads are just cardstock punched with a 1/8" circle punch.

The sentiment is computer generated.

I also had time to make a card for the ways to use it challenge on SCS -- use a frame on your card.

I made a faux wood frame. It's a good thing I don't work in a framing shop. I had a really hard time matching the corners.

The image is an old PSX stamp of poppies, which I stamped twice and colored with copic markers. I used white paper and thought it was too bright, so I sponged creamy caramel ink over it to soften the brightness a bit.

The background on the lower portion is pretty pattern (CHF) stamped in daffodil delight on natural ivory cardstock. The sentiment is A Muse.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

No comments: