Saturday, October 30, 2010

happy Saturday

Hi my friends. It's a beautiful fall day -- sunny and around 50 degrees.

My card is for today's Hope challenge - a sketch.

The background is a brick wall stamp that I picked up at a local stamp expo a few years ago - unmounted rubber, so I don't know who made it. Of course, I have it mounted on wood. I needed to stamp it three times in order to fill the piece of really rust cardstock. I was able to line up the images without using a stamp-a-ma-jig. The edges were sponged with vintage photo distress ink and distressed.

For the main image panel. I punched a circle from a scrap and sponged summer sun ink inside the circle to make a sun. The silhouette grass (hero arts) is stamped in mustard over that. All accent panels are black on a chocolate chip card base.

I used a couple of chipboard buttons which were a gift from my children a couple of years ago. Some black crochet cotton substitued for thread on the buttons.

Thanks so much for visiting today. I hope your weekend is wonderful.

(edited to add photo - I don't know what happened there.)

No comments: