Saturday, February 26, 2011

inspired by a room

Hi my friends. I'm back with a second post today. Since I posted this morning, it's been snowing pretty steadily all day. For awhile, the driveway was melting off, but it appears to be sticking now.

I've checked out most of the VSN challenges, but so far have not been inspired by any of them. However, I did make a card for the inspiration challenge on SCS. I chose the refined and eclectic room, because I like the color scheme.

I ended up with a very simple card, even though the process of getting there was by no means simple. (I have several other stamped images that didn't make it onto a card.)

The Stampendous flowers are embossed with ivory ep on cranberry crisp cardstock. The vanilla layer is punched with an eyelet border and all the brads are just punched cardstock.

I stamped the sentiment (also Stampendous) in burgundy and cut the tag freehand. Just added a very small amount of burgundy ink along the edges so it didn't blend into the vanilla layer behind it. My card base is bravo burgundy.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: