Monday, April 11, 2011

SFC93 fabric & stitching

Hi my friends. It's time for another challenge on the Squigglefly blog. This week's challenge is to use fabric or stitching on your project.

Although you may use any images on your creation to enter the challenge, in order to qualify for the prize you must use at least one Squigglefly image! You may combine SF images with non-SF images to qualify! If you don't have any Squigglefly images, help yourself from the FREEBIES available.

You have until Sunday evening to upload your new creation to your blog or any on-line photo gallery. Please use SFC93 in your keywords.

Please add a DIRECT link to your project in the InLinkz box on the SF blog, so we can find it -- (new creations only and no back-linking please!). If you have more than one entry, link each one separately.

The winner will be announced at the same time the new challenge post comes up next Monday, so be sure to come back to see if you are a winner!

For my card I used an image called Ice Cream Cones by Alecia Blake, another new Squigglefly artist. I colored my image with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Then I die cut the image using Spellbinders labels two, but cut off the top and bottom. I faux stitched around the edge with a black marker and then layered with black and trimmed the edges with scissors to keep the shape of the die cut. I punched some holes with my cropadile and threaded some fabric through the holes.

The card base is white and I traced a CD on the back of some designer paper and cut it out. I cut it into two pieces and put one on each end of the card. I then trimmed off any that extended beyond the card. Again I faux stitched around the edges.

The main image piece is attached with dimensional tape. The sentiment is computer generated, colored with a copic marker and punched out with my word window punch.

The buttons are from Stitched With Love, a Squigglefly digital image by Nina Brackett. I colored them with copic markers and popped them up on the card as well.

Be sure to stop over at the Squigglefly blog and check out what the rest of the team has done today. And then be sure to check out the newest images over at Squigglefly.com.

Thank you so much for stopping in today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWW!! Melody, this is so very sweet!! I love those bright colors you've used and the fun stitching details!! So sweet!! Smiles, Vicki

Holly Young said...

Melody this is really cute! I love your piece of fabric woven through the image panel, and your digital buttons are the perfect embellishment!