Tuesday, August 23, 2011

a fun technique

Hi my friends.  Today's technique challenge on SCS was to CASE the first card we had added to our favorites gallery.   Here is the card I copied.  It included a technique that I was unfamiliar with called brazen brilliance, so I did a Google search to find instructions.  Here are two links. One is a blog entry and the other is a .pdf file

Since I don't like to just copy someone else's card, I did make a few changes.  The first change was a new color scheme.  I started with a piece of glossy white paper and stamped a background image (filigree - SU) in pearlescent sky blue brilliance ink and then dried it with my heat gun.  The next step was to use a stipple brush to add color to the background.  I also stamped some images from petal prints (SU).  My main image is also from that set. 

The corner punch hadn't been used in so long, I needed to dust it off. 

I also added some ribbon and pearls, and popped up the main image panel on dimensional tape.  This was a fun technique.  I like how the background just glows.

Thanks for sharing a little piece of my day.

No comments: