Tuesday, August 30, 2011

sisters

Hi my friends.  Yesterday, I spent the day at my sister's house creating.  When she emailed me early in the morning if I wanted to come over, I said yes, grabbed a few brand new Tim Holtz stamps, distress inks & stains and some black, white and ivory card stock.  Usually when we get together, I play, but don't get any cards completely finished, because I don't have the right embellishment or something.  But yesterday I managed to complete two cards.  On the first one, I used distress stains to color the background and stamped some of Tim's stamps and a Penny Black flower. 

The second card background is wrinkle free distress.  I added just a bit of white gel pen to the sentiment to make it stand out better.  The flowers are Victorine Originals and the leaves are cut free hand.  The faux brads are just punched card stock. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Be blessed.


2 comments:

Starla said...

Melody....I think you were meant to do "grunge"....both of these are just fabulous!

Moon Starr said...

I love your cards - particularly the backgrounds, they are really fab. Is there anyway you could give a little more detail on how you do them? It would be great. Thank you x