Hello, my friends. It's been a long time since I've shown you anything on my hexagon quilt, which I started two years ago. To see some previous blog posts showing some of my progress, click here, here, and here. Some time ago, I sewed the blocks into strips, but they've just been sitting waiting for me to press the seams and sew the strips together. Well last night, I finally decided to jump in and do it. Today, I finished sewing the strips together and pressed all the seams.
Looking back on my first post about this, I see that my original plan was to add sashing between the blocks. But when I sewed them together, I changed my mind and didn't do that. So, when I spread it out on a bed to take a picture, I realized that I had seriously misjudged how many hexagons I'd need to make a bed sized quilt. It doesn't quite cover the bed from head to foot. I'm about four rows too short, or 36 more hexagon blocks. Oops! That means I have two options. I can either make more hexagons... or I can make a lap/snuggle quilt instead. I'm leaning toward adding on.
So... I guess that means I'm going to have to dig into my fabric stash and make more hexagons. And I thought my next step was determining what fabric to use as backing. I guess not. Hmmmm.... I wonder where I put that pattern.
Thanks so much for stopping by.