Tuesday, February 26, 2013

20 hearts - #19

Well, here I am again with another heart for the February challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  I decided to make a one that is faux wood.  This is such an easy technique.  Just swipe several colors of brown ink down your paper, starting with the lightest color, until you have the look you desire.  I used creamy caramel, more mustard, really rust, and chocolate chip inks.  Then use a black marker and straightedge to make lines for boards.  Add some 'nails' and you're done.  You can also change up the colors to grayish blues/greens for very weathered wood. 

After making the faux wood, I cut out my heart and attached it to a cereal box chipboard heart. I hand wrote the sentiment on the heart.  I also punched out the photo corners from the faux wood. 

The background is victorian leaves background from Cornish Heritage Farms, inked with peeled paint distress ink, misted with water, and stamped on the card base.

After gluing all the pieces together, I decided that it needed a small accent, so I stamped the leaves from because I care (SU) with always artichoke on certainly celery card stock, and then punched them out using a Martha Stewart leaf punch.  I added some sponged artichoke ink along the leaf edges and glued them on the card. 

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit today. 

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

I wood! I wood!! lol