Thursday, March 7, 2013

arch #3

Hello again.  Yesterday was a productive day creatively, but I decided to wait until today to get pictures, rather than try to get a decent picture using my flash. 

Even though I'm not a participant, I've been working along with the arch swap group at OWSE Yahoo group to make an arch each month.  (Clicking on the 'arch' tag should bring up all the previous arches.)  So today I have my arch for March.  The theme is butterflies and flowers -- uhhhmmm... that's a no-brainer!

My base is cereal box chipboard covered with reused coffee filters, and coated with gesso.  I added several colors of acrylic paint with my fingers. 

The flowers & leaves (SU) are stamped with jet black stazon and colored with ripe persimmon distress stain (super easy coloring technique).  Then I cut them out and arranged them on the arch before attaching them with glue. 

The butterflies (Hero Arts) are stamped with tuxedo black memento ink and colored with Copic markers.  I added some white gel pen highlights.  After cutting them out, I attached them with glue, but the wings are raised with dimensional foam tape.  I also added some trails with black marker. 

The sentiment is computer generated. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Dawn Barrett said...

Oh...I have always had this Mixed Up flower set on my wish list. Great job!