Friday, March 8, 2013

21 cards - #34

Hello friends.  You would think I can't count!  LOL   The numbers just don't seem to correlate because the 21 cards have TWO sides.  I think that means I have four more cards, but both sides, to go.  But, I know that I remade one, so my total will be 43 instead of 42.  Are you totally confused yet?

These are pages I'm making, which started as a challenge in January at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  I was one of the winners of a handmade book by Mika, and it came in the mail today.  Very, very cool.  I'm not sure what I'll put in it yet.  Maybe I'll just sit and admire all her wonderful pages.  By clicking on the link above, you can see some of them that she has made.  This is my Friday Feature on the OWSE blog

I decided to double up on this card, so I used the mix-ability challenge today on SCS for a start to my page. I started with my base (made previously) of cereal box chipboard, covered with reused coffee filters and coated with gesso.  Then I tore some newspaper and glued it on with matte Mod Podge.  When that was dry, I brushed some gesso over it.

I was being impatient, so I used my heat gun a lot to dry each layer.

Next I used some distress ink sprays, made with reinkers and water, and sprayed my page.  I used mustard seed, barn door, and faded jeans.  Some I blotted away with paper towel.

Next I did some stamping with Nature's Moments (Tim Holtz/Stamper's Anonymous).  Flowers were colored with distress markers and stains, and the bird and sentiment were stamped with jet black archival.

I added some washi/tissue tape from Tim Holtz & 7 Gypsies, as well as some that I made myself with coffee filters and scor-tape.  A couple of them were brighter than I wanted, so I rubbed some gesso wash over them with my finger.

Finally, I added a couple of black mini flourishes (Sizzix), but I again decided there was too much contrast, so I blotted some more gesso wash over the flourishes with a cotton ball. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

Wow...what a great collage...I am so impressed! Wish I could do that!