Monday, March 18, 2013

word play - E

Hello friends.  Wow!  I can't believe it's been almost a year since I did a spread in my word play journal.  With just 26 letters, I thought I'd have the entire journal completed in a year.  Grand intentions, I guess.  Click here to see the previous pages.  Since I made the base pages all at once, I don't even remember how I did that.  I'm pretty sure they are watercolor paper with old book pages, stencils and paint. 

This spread was put together over several days.  I wanted some texture, so I used light spackling compound with a circle template and palette knife, and then I just spread some on without a stencil. 

I used several stencils (crafter's workshop & red lead), acrylic paint, ink, and water soluble wax pastels.  I used a sponge to pounce either the paint or ink through my stencils.  I also used a black sharpie to outline some of the stenciled images. 

The letter 'E' is hand drawn and zentangled.  The title and verse are computer generated.  

As part of the mix-ability challenge on SCS, I added some paint splatters.  The Bible verse makes this eligible for the Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge 2013

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. 

3 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Fabulous page Melanie . . . Or should I say Excellent!

Starla said...

OHHHH!! I LOVE your zentangled E!!

dawnmercedes said...

DD and I want to start art journals. Send me some motivation...please!