Sunday, January 26, 2014

quilting

Hi friends.  It has been quite awhile since I've worked on any quilting.  I checked back on previous posts to see when the last time was that I had worked on this quilt.  Seriously?  Over three years ago.  It has literally been sitting where I last worked on it.  It disturbs me that I have so many unfinished projects, so I've been pushing myself to complete some of them. 

I was in need of some quilt therapy, so I pulled it out.  I had been quilting without a frame, but decided it would be a little bit easier to use my circle frame, so I brought it up from the basement and cleaned it off (dust and cobwebs).  I set it up in my bedroom.  (No, the block isn't all crooked, even though it looks like it.  The quilt is just very loose in the frame.) 

I've been working on it just a little bit every day.  The flowers were all quilted previously, so what's left is quilting around the edges of each block.  I also still need to bind the edges, and will have to do that before I can complete the quilting of the outermost row of blocks. 

Because I don't have really good lighting, I really can't work on it at night, so I've just been quilting on it during daylight hours - anywhere from 30 minutes to a an hour or two at a time.  Today, the tips of my fingers are a little sore from pulling on the needle, so I guess I went a little longer than I should have. 

I don't think it'll take me too long to get this done as long as I work on it consistently. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

3 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

OK-your making me want to quilt now! LOL!! I miss talking with you on Skype. Glad to see your creating!

Have a blessed day!

Starla said...

I'm sure this will be lovely when completed!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented!! I love this - so pretty!! Are you still selling your crochet flowers? I am down to a just a few ... God bless Melody!