Thursday, April 14, 2016

lilies

Hi friends.  I was thinking that I should really post something on my blog, so I logged in and found that it's been over a month and a half since my last post.  How neglectful of me!

So here I am to show you a couple of cards I've made recently.  I bought a couple flower stamps on a facebook group.  One is a lily.  It reminds me of the tiger lilies my mom always had in her garden.  So the first card I made with it is a tiger lily.

This is a no layer card with no embellishments, made for a technique challenge on SCS.  The background was done with sponging through a stencil.  Then I added some shading with inktense pencils and gray copic markers.

I stamped the image right over the background and colored it by pressing distress ink onto a plastic sheet & picking up the color with a water brush.  I added the speckles with a black Pitt pen.

The black 'ribbon' was made by using painters tape to mask off part of the background, leaving a narrow opening and then inking the open area.

I decided to make another card using the lily.  This one was for the alpha challenge for the letter L.  I used lilies and lace to represent L. 

The lace edging is hand crocheted and I just happened to have one the right color to match my lily.  The other flowers are made with 3 different sized punches of the same shaped flower.  I sponged the edges, added some dots in the middle, and pressed the centers with a stylus to give them some form.  The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hopefully, my next post won't keep you waiting so long. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful in there color palette and simplicity. Thank you for sharing the process of how you created them. I'm going to give this a try.