Hi friends. I was thinking that I should really post something on my blog, so I logged in and found that it's been over a month and a half since my last post. How neglectful of me!
So here I am to show you a couple of cards I've made recently. I bought a couple flower stamps on a facebook group. One is a lily. It reminds me of the tiger lilies my mom always had in her garden. So the first card I made with it is a tiger lily.
This is a no layer card with no embellishments, made for a technique challenge on SCS. The background was done with sponging through a stencil. Then I added some shading with inktense pencils and gray copic markers.
I stamped the image right over the background and colored it by pressing distress ink onto a plastic sheet & picking up the color with a water brush. I added the speckles with a black Pitt pen.
The black 'ribbon' was made by using painters tape to mask off part of the background, leaving a narrow opening and then inking the open area.
I decided to make another card using the lily. This one was for the alpha challenge for the letter L. I used lilies and lace to represent L.
The lace edging is hand crocheted and I just happened to have one the right color to match my lily. The other flowers are made with 3 different sized punches of the same shaped flower. I sponged the edges, added some dots in the middle, and pressed the centers with a stylus to give them some form. The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hopefully, my next post won't keep you waiting so long.